Share Your Time,
Change the World.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering with YFU USA opens the door to rewarding experiences and great benefits. Here are several ways that volunteering benefits you:
- Directly impact the lives of teenagers from the US and over 60 other countries
- Be exposed to foreign cultures and have an opportunity to share your own culture
- Create new friendships with fellow YFU volunteers and staff
- Broaden awareness of yourself, your community, the US and the world
- Receive enhanced training in areas such as leadership, listening skills, marketing and conflict resolution
- Build new friendships and work with other YFU volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Make a significant contribution to improve cultural awareness and international understanding
- Increase your understanding of family dynamics both in the US and international cultures by working with foreign exchange students and their host families
- Aid your community in broadening their cultural awareness
- Learn more about yourself
Discounts for Children of YFU USA Volunteers
Besides the many benefits of volunteering listed above, YFU USA offers to members of your immediate family a discount if they decide to become a YFU exchange student. Volunteering for at least six months before your child’s departure entitles each of your family members to a discount of $500 from a summer program or 800 from a year or semester program.