Select a Scholarship
Location of Student
YFU Scholarship Information Sheet
2015 Toshiba America Scholarship
Scholarship Code: 67
Application Postmark Deadline: January 15, 2014
Please refer to individual country pages for program duration and departure times.
- Two full scholarships for children (includes guardian children) of Toshiba employees in the United States or Canada. Parents must be employed on a full-time basis for one year prior to the application deadline and at the time student is notified of award. Students must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (U.S.) or a C+ average (Canada). Students must be in good health. College students of the appropriate age bracket and non-U.S. citizens may apply. Previous recipients are not eligible.
- Applicants must meet the age requirements defined on the Japan webpage.
- $75 (non-refundable) Please make check payable to YFU.
Complete Application Includes:
- 1 Educator Evaluation Form
- Host Family Letter
- 5 Responses to Short Answer Essay Questions
- Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Round-trip international travel
- Round-trip domestic travel
- Placement with a carefully selected host family
- Regional orientation for scholarship recipients and parents
- Preparatory materials
- Three-day Japan specific orientation at the beginning of the program
- Support services in host country
Scholarship Recipients are Responsible for:
- Visa fees (if necessary)
- Any excess luggage tariffs
- Required overseas medical insurance (many insurance policies will cover students while traveling abroad)
- Personal spending money
- Upon returning home, scholarship winners are expected to complete at least one presentation in their school or community to share their experiences, teach others about the culture in their host country, and encourage other students to participate in foreign exchange.
- All applicants will be notified by mail of their status.
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THIS PAGE AND YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
If applying for multiple scholarships, please indicate each scholarship's name and code on your application. All scholarship recipients are required to travel on the YFU group travel dates, and to complete the entire program. For more information regarding YFU and the scholarship selection process call 1-800-TEENAGE or refer to the Scholarships Overview section of this web site.
Note: Scholarship programs are subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.