and their Parents.
Change Your Life,
Change the World.
YFU is a homestay program where you live with a host family, attend the local high school, and interact with new friends. You will understand the country and its people in a way that only someone who has lived there can! You’ll benefit academically as you learn in a global setting, and gain knowledge through the unique strengths of your school abroad.
YFU offers more than 100 program choices to 40 countries and awards more than 300 scholarships each year. YFU looks for students who are flexible, have a spirit of adventure, and who will enjoy the challenge of adapting to new people in a new culture. There is a program perfect for you.
Every YFU study abroad program includes the following:
- Experienced Admissions Counselors at 1.800.TEENAGE to help you select the program that is right for you and answer your questions before your journey;
- Assistance with acquiring your visa or resident permit, as required;
- Professional orientation programs and materials to prepare you for your journey and guide you throughout your exchange;
- Round-trip domestic and international travel as well as transportation to your host family from YFU designated airports;
- Airport assistance staff at international gateways to aid students if needed;
- Placement with a carefully selected host family;
- Enrollment in school for year or semester programs;
- Local and regional trips as well as educational activities (where noted);
- Support for students and families through counseling, tutoring, and other means (as needed);
- 24-hour worldwide professional emergency assistance.